Wednesday 28 October 2009

Inspiration strikes at the most inconvenient of times

Ok so I've been racking my brain for something to submit to 6sentences, and seeing as most of the stuff I write is poetry I've kept drawing a blank. I have to be in uni at 9, I tried to fall asleep at 1 and something was chattering away and I gave in and started writing. This is a draft of a piece titled "Portrait". Tell me if you think I should submit, redraft or scrap the idea, thanks in advance.
---------------------------------------
Portrait

Surrounded by pictures of sunny disposition, my gaze rarely meets others. A glimpse from the corner of an eye and I'm mistaken for an emphatic display of apathy. I'm not an idyllic moment in time, captured in frame. Instead, a makeshift harbinger of joyless existence. Yet, on an enthusiastic nail, deeply rooted with no intentions to venture towards another part of the wall is where I'm placed. This is where I belong, on view, perfectly adjusted, open to interpretation.

1 comment: